All conducting applicants must submit a video recording showing the applicant conducting a live ensemble as outlined below.
- The video should show the applicant’s recent work and the applicant’s face and upper body should be clearly visible. (Do not submit videos showing only the applicant’s back.)
- Please include the applicant’s name, ensemble conducted, date recorded, and repertoire performed.
- Please submit separate video files for each work or excerpt.
- The video and audio must be well synchronized.
The prescreening submission should be between 20 and 30 minutes in length and include at least three works (or excerpts of works) in contrasting styles.
- At least one work should be from the standard repertoire.
- The video must show both rehearsal and performance of at least one of the three works (or excerpts).
Selected applicants will be invited to NEC for an audition in front of a live orchestra and an examination and interview with Hugh Wolff. Repertoire for this audition will be determined at least one month prior to the audition day.