Prescreening Recording Requirements:
All conducting applicants must submit a video recording showing the applicant conducting a live ensemble as outlined below.
- The video should show the applicant’s recent work and the applicant’s face and upper body should be clearly visible. (Do not submit videos showing only the applicant’s back.)
- Please include the applicant’s name, ensemble conducted, date recorded, and repertoire performed.
- Please submit separate video files for each work or excerpt.
- The video and audio must be well synchronized.
The prescreening submission should be between 20 and 30 minutes in length and must include the following:
- Rehearsal footage showing a frontal view of the applicant featuring a work in the beginning stages of the rehearsal process.
- Performance footage showing a frontal view of the applicant featuring two works of contrasting styles. Neither of the performance pieces need be the rehearsal piece, and the selected footage can be from separate performances.
- A video recording of an art song of the applicant’s choosing, approximately 3 minutes, which includes an accompanist.
Selected applicants will be invited to NEC for an audition in front of a live choir and an examination and interview with Erica Washburn. Repertoire for this audition will be determined at least one month prior to the audition day.